Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

time for a shave!

Day 58- Saturday
Wake early and start to think about returning to work. I feel a bit lost without work and having already had two months off I feel I need to get my brain going again. Chemo appears to be giving me a bad week and then a good week and on the good week I feel completely normal. In fact better than I have for ages and it makes me realize how much I suffered with fatigue without even knowing. My plan is to speak to my boss about working for 4 hours every other Thursday and Saturday. Being towards the end of my good week I should be fine. Feel happy now I have made this decision.

Found a small mushroom charm in the souks last night that fits perfectly on my Links of London bracelet. This was my Christmas present from dad with a robin charm. This is my fighting cancer bracelet. The robin charm is to symbolize the 'spirits' who broke the water cooler! I also have a nazar charm to ward off the evil eye.

The beards are shaved off today! I used the trimmer to start as too long for them to shave. We give Matt a goatee and Tom sideburns to start with! So nice to be able to kiss my husband again! Lots of people asked why they had beards so hopefully they raised awareness of colon cancer. Yearly tradition from now on.
So we are heading off for our Mardi Gras party. Hope you all have a lovely evening……………
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rId95N2teUc

No comments:

Post a Comment