Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

A dog's life

Day 39-Monday
Up early again today! Shows how fatigued I much have been before my diagnosis as was sleeping for hours after Matt left for work. Wake with my mind full of work jobs. Have a lot to do and because I know I will feel rough next week and then it's Christmas week (yay!) I need to get things done. My head is a constant check list of what I need to do, what Matt needs to do and normally what my patients need to do! I find it very hard to switch off and let my mind relax. This is something I hope to work on over the next 6 months.

I spend 6 hours working and get loads done. In fact I'm starting to get excited about the new business I am helping! I consider a change of career and becoming a professional bra fitter but then I realize that instead of correcting a poor fitting bra I would start to correct shoulder blade position, muscle imbalance and overall posture! Think I'm always destined to be a physio! So for my new found work addiction………..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDdcCzKjsc&feature=related

We are trying to decide on a summer holiday. We were planning to head back to the UK for a week and then go on to Italy. This won't be happening now as we will have no money! I suggest home to see friends and family and then maybe a few nights in Ireland. Matt suggests camping. Now, when I have spent 6 months of my life having chemo and fighting cancer I do not wish to celebrate my survival by sleeping in a field not being able to straighten my hair! Does my husband not know me at all?!

I am definitely not an 'outdoorsy' type of girl. In fact I'm relatively high maintenance- probably why Dubai suits me so much! I appreciate the finer things in life and wearing wellies, sharing a communal shower and sleeping on the floor does not appeal. Getting dressed up, wearing hotel bath robes and sleeping in Egyptian cotton sheets sounds more like it! If only I had married for money not love!

Malika has been in trouble today. Last night she became very protective of me and grabbed Matt's arm when he tried to move. She hasn't done this for ages and it's because she has been spoilt since 'nanny' has been here. We have been letting her up on the couch for a cuddle and occasionally on the bed! Mum is treating her the whole time and she is actually starting to get a bit of a fat tummy! All this spoiling has led to her thinking she is the alpha pouch! So last night she got a telling off and she knew she had gone too far- she let us 'put' her in the garden without too much of a fight. Today she has been sulking but well behaved. I kept her on a tight lead for her walk and we did some of her obedience tricks, which she loves as it involves praise and treats for tricks she could do with her eyes shut! She is a very clever dog and she knows how to behave well she just chooses not to. It all seems to be working so we just need to keep it up so she knows her place. We once read that a dog does not want to be the alpha but will step up if they have to. She needs to trust her father to be the man of the house!

Waiting to watch X-Factor final. Have been looking at facebook through one eye today in case someone had posted the results! Love X-Factor and like both the finalist so don't really mind who wins. I will be eating a meringue with raspberries whilst I watch it though- my new favourite snack!

Exercise- a 20 minute walk (good hey!), calories- about 3000, nails- navy, facemasks- 1, weight- daren’t get on the scales!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hun re weight my friend said she ate loads of peanut butter inbetween her treatments. Just a thought xxxxx jo

    ReplyDelete