Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

slightly better?



Day 35 – Thursday



Matt is writing for me today as I don't have the energy to brush my hair let alone write my blog. Day starts badly, painful retching but then managed to go back to sleep for an hour. Morning times are definitely the worst, lots of effort getting in to the bath and today I had to shave my legs. Then over the next hour, in different stages, I proceed with bio-oil massage, face creams, teeth clean interspersed with periods of lying flat.

The rest of my day is a combination of snoozing, trying to do a poo, eating ginger biscuits, trying to do a poo, snoozing and feeling nauseous.



Was hoping I would be feeling a bit better by today, maybe I am by 1 or 2%. I need to have a few good days otherwise I don't know how I am going to get through these next 6 months. It's hard not to feel sorry for yourself.



I also think my portacath is trying to migrate out of my body! Getting bigger and uglier as the days go on. Plus still can't lie on my right side as feels like the wire may pop out of my vein!
The anti nausea patch is coming loose, think it's probably all placebo but I spend time rubbing it in the night anyway! Too scared to take it off in case it is actually working.



To add insult to injury I managed to pull a muscle in my neck sleeping on the couch. Seriously, when will my body give me a break?!



Fingers crossed I'll be able to get out of the house this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, just read entire blog, you are a fab writer and v brave. Was just looking at pictures yesterday of you and tab as bridesmaids at thails wedding, let me know if you want me to forward some. Stay strong. Susan - Thailand sister in law, wife of Ben ps my best mate got cancer when she was 15, now a teacher in Christchurch, NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I mean Thails not Thailand!!!

    ReplyDelete