Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Surf Dubai

Day 53- Boxing day
I got a surprise present yesterday. Matt and I agreed we wouldn't buy each other presents with me not working for so long, but he bought me a lovely pair of diamond earrings that match my engagement ring. Thank you Baby! I LOVE them.
Had a great day yesterday. The food was amazing. I had 2 starters, salad bar with lobster and then Chinese selection, followed by roast turkey, then pudding, then ice cream! Mum skipped the roast altogether and had Indian for main! Mum is the only drunk one though!

Although we do make friends with a very drunk old British guy in the queue! We all tried to ignore his attempts at conversation but Tom got suckered in! By the time we made it to the taxi 30 minutes later, very long queue, he had decided he loved me and became 'over friendly'! Not nice! No one helped me- they
were too busy taking photos of it!

We headed to Barasti, the beach bar, to finish the day. We were standing at a table when a young chap bought over a stool for mum to sit on. Now obviously I am the one that needs a stool at the moment so I sit down. He is visibly horrified that I have taken it and I am letting my mother stand! Gives me death stares for the rest of the evening!

When we get home Malika has taken all of the wrapping out of the bin and spread it over the floor. She has also taken my stocking, which I had left my presents in, sat on the kitchen table and eaten most of my presents! Including the dream catcher from Pedro- she obviously doesn’t want my dreams to come true!

Holly is not well today- being sick and we don't know why. So mum stays in with her (well she is the house nurse after all!) and Tom, Pedro and I head to the beach to meet the Brazilian surf guys. Pedro has a stand up paddle lesson with Scott and gets to paddle around the Burj al Arab. He has a great time and Scott is a great teacher. In fact he says "it has been the best experience of his life". If anyone fancies some surfing in Dubai I would recommend these guys (http://www.surfingdubai.com/).
Today's song…..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grj7sjQ0_p4
Hoping Holly is better for tomorrow as her laxatives have to start at 8am!

On a positive, I have 132 days until my last chemo!

1 comment:

  1. Dodgy Dave is a friend of a friend of ours... He's always drunk and overly friendly!!! Cracked me up when I saw his pic in your sidebar! Woke early this morning and saw a post about you on expat woman. Slowly making my way from day 1. Will share your blog.
    Wxx

    ReplyDelete