Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa is coming

Day 51- Christmas Eve
Tom, Holly and Pedro stayed here last night as they landed too late to go round to Yummy Mummy 'K's house (which is where they are staying). When they see 'K's house they won't want to stay here again- her house is lovely. So Tom is on the couch, Holly and Pedro in the spare room and mum in with me. By the time we open Holly's birthday presents and I open my cards and presents from friends and family back home, it is nearly 2am! Late night for mum and I as we have been walking the dog and then in bed by 9!

Malika spends the night on the couch with her uncle! Naughty and daddy would be cross! Tom said it was because she was scared (!) but I think someone else might have been scared of sleeping downstairs! I also have a complaint about the IKEA bed spread- apparently the cotton is too hard for his (already mentioned!) sensitive skin!

Tom is up early to play golf with some family friends and we show Holly and Pedro round to the pool. I love showing people around our complex. It is really lovely and when you are showing visitors is makes you realize, well remember rather than realize, how lucky we are to live in a country where the sun is always shinning. I can't imagine having chemo in England right now and waking to cold grey days.

Although my life is pretty rubbish at the moment it does make you thankful for the small 'coincidences' that have occurred to make this experience easier for us. We are lucky we are in this villa not our old apartment- for size, comfort and beauty, we are lucky Matt is at his new school and therefore is fully supported by management, we are lucking mum quit her job a few weeks before I got ill, we are lucky we live in Dubai- financially and medically, we are lucky we never found a car to buy and therefore still have some savings.

Have period pain today and although sorry I am sharing this intimate detail with you, it means my ovaries have worked since chemo began. Yay this is good news! Now if they can carry on working for the next 6 months and not slip into early menopause I will be most grateful.

The last Christmas song today for a whole year so I have to choose wisely. After much debate and contemplation I decide my ultimate xmas song is……
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_wbUBH7QQ&feature=related

Off out to the mall now and then drinks on the 64th floor!
Hope Santa brings you everything you want tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment