Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Trinket shopping

Day 37- Saturday
Last day of anti-nausea meds today. Now the psychological game really begins!

Speak to best friend 'C' and her husband. Matt can't wait to show off with his rendition of 'Imagine' on the i-pad and to show 'A' his Decembeard. I haven’t mentioned this but Chris Evans is promoting Decembeard (i.e. grow a beard in December!) to raise money for Beating Bowel Cancer. Matt has managed to rope in his work colleagues and his brother! Although at this stage the beard is very patchy!

We head off for 'couples' afternoon! We decide to go to JBR- a nice parade of shops and restaurants on a strip of beach. Sorry to make all of you that are in cold England jealous! (Not really sorry!) Have a pizza for lunch and I eat my first mushroom! Now I know a mushroom saved my life but I have been so scared to eat one again in case I got the pain that I have been avoiding them. Well didn’t get pain but I'm definitely gassy! But that could also be the 3 course meal I had for dinner! PIG!

We look at the stalls for 'trinkets'. These are my new obsession- cheap silver and gold bracelets with nazar symbols! I'm crazy for anything that may be lucky! Also buy an organic candle block that you burn to make the house smell nice, lasts 10 hours apparently- always a sucker for good deals. Once when we were considering doing a martial arts course back in the UK, I was so excited when the lady said "you are lucky, we are offering a March discount on membership today". Only for Matt to tell me that they say that whatever the month to every person! Disappointing!

Tonight's film is an golden oldie 'My Best Friend's Wedding' and inspires today's song choice………….(actually doesn't 'inspire' just stolen straight from!)………….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jjedn__Wxk

Mum has given up on her blog. Currently she has 0 followers and I have tried to explain your blog has to be online and not on a note pad to be a success!!!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahha thats hilarious about mums attempt at a blog! Holly xx

    ReplyDelete