Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cars

Day 44- Saturday
Had such a good time last night. The comedians were all excellent and good to catch up with 'R & J', 'K & J' and 'D'. 'D' has a Brazilian friend that lives in Dubai so we plan to potentially meet up on Boxing day for Pedro (my sister's boyfriend), who is also Brazilian, to meet them and do some surfing. I also achieved one of the things on my 'Second chance of life' list! 'K' very kindly drove me home in his Bentley- my favourite car! The car is amazing and I got massaged by the seat the whole way home!

We are up early to take yummy mummy 'K' and her family to the airport. They are very kindly letting us use their big car over the Christmas period. The car is again amazing. Definitely getting car envy this weekend! ………….. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GFqhCq2HA

We book up for new year. We are going to a Mardi Gras party being held at a rooftop garden. We had to ask if it would be OK to bring the wheelchair to the edge of the dance floor in case I am too tired to dance. The manager looks a little surprised as I appear to be walking and moving fine today. It could be the ultimate 'Little Britain'- wheeled to the dance floor, up throwing some shapes for an hour or so and then wheeled back to the table!

We discuss buying a puppy! We would love one but not sure if Malika would eat it! Would be perfect timing as mum and I are home for the next 6 months to train it. We look on K9 Friends page, the rescue centre where we got Malika, and there are a few male puppies available. All so cute! We agree that we would have to bring Malika to meet the puppy before we decide in case she is aggressive. Hoping that she would smell that he is a puppy and become maternal rather than carnivore-al! It could go the other way and she thinks it's her puppy and doesn't let us go near it! More thinking to do!

So chemo tomorrow- here we go again. Started to feel fed up but then pulled myself together and remembered Chemo is my friend and every side effect I get is also the cancer cells being killed. Got to keep with this mantra. Summary of first chemo cycle- 1 long boring day at the hospital, 3 bad days, 1 really bad day, 3 average days, 3 good days and 3 days being completely back to normal. That is definitely manageable so praying I am not one of the people that gets worsening symptoms as the cycles go on. Feel like I want to cry but nothing will be gained by crying so I don't! It feels like the last night of the summer holiday when you are at school. You are nervous about the next day, you really don't want to go but you know you have to and in the long run it is the best thing for you! Times by a million!

My brother in law says 11 more chemos is like 11 football players. Need to get past one player at a time until I can finally score a goal. Going to work on 4-4-2 formation with good players that I dislike as a Chelsea fan. So starting at the front, tomorrow's chemo session is Rooney!

I finish the evening with Haagen Dazs pralines and cream. I am not even hungry but not allowed anything cold for the next week so making the most of it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment