Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Robin

Day 40- Tuesday
So Little Mix won X-Factor. I really liked their version of Silent Night . Sounded lovely. Here it is for those of you who didn't see…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaw44gw4eTY

Watched 'The Roommate' last night when Matt was at football training. He can't handle the scary films so we have to wait for him to be out! Found an under-study for Dr Salti- Billy Zane! Look really similar!

Had a really long walk this morning- 30 minutes! By the end I had achy shins and calves! Home to shower and the water has broken again- no water pressure now. Have to wash my hair in the kitchen sink (pressure not high enough to reach upstairs!) Most sensible people would stay in and wait for the maintenance team to arrive so they can shower properly, but not us. Today mum and I are going shopping to buy outfits for Christmas day. Very excited! Decide on my old stomping ground- Mirdiff City Centre!

Manage to buy a dress in the first clothes shop and shoes in the first shoe shop. Unheard off- someone must be on my side! Now just have to find a strapless bra. Filled with dread over what size I am now and underwear shops are rubbish in Dubai. Hence 'yummy mummy K' opening one! Don't bother getting measured as sure they are not qualified bra fitters(unlike the staff that will be working at 'yummy mummy K's shop – good plug!) and as I am now an expert on putting on a bra correctly I figure I will do better! The good news is my boobs haven't shrunk as much as first thought! Definitely a smaller band size and cup size but not disastrous. No where in Dubai stocks a 28 or 30 (not yet anyway!!!) so had to buy a 32 and mum is going to take it in!!

The ladies in the final lingerie shop were very sweet and whilst I was in the changing room they asked mum why I was in a wheelchair. Mum explained I had cancer and was recovering from surgery and having chemo. I could hear them all "umming" and "aahhing". They all then made excuses to come into my changing room to see the scar!

We find mum a dress too and then she buys 6 pairs of shoes in shoe express for 60 quid! Bargain! We are loaded down with bags or actually I am loaded down with bags on my lap! True to form I get bumped into and hit whist in the wheelchair. Have another 'Little Britain' moment too. Get wheeled into the shoe shop, climb out , try on 3 inch stilettos, walk around shop for a few minutes in these stilettos, purchase them, return to the wheelchair and get pushed out! Some ladies shopping actually stop speaking and watch me do this! Embarrassing!

Try on a pair of size 0 trousers and I can do them up! I have about 4 muffin tops and serious overhang BUT they do up! Posh Spice eat your heart out! Have included a picture as evidence! Not one for the faint hearted!

Bought a stone robin today to go in the garden. Since my maternal grandfather died over 24 years ago we always have a robin in our garden in the UK. It doesn't matter what time of year, it is always there and follows to wherever we live. Mum and I believe this to be my grandfather's spirit. This year I bought a material robin to go on top of our tree instead of a star or angel so my granddad 'squirrel' can watch over us.

No more shopping now until after next batch of chemo :( Absolutely exhausted- been a very long, enjoyable day. Time to snuggle up in some PJs and watch another film. With some hot chocolate! And meringue and raspberries!! And some Ferrero Roches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment