Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Safa Park


Day 114- Saturday

No work today- had to make a decision at the beginning of the week whether I would be able to work or not. Decided it was best to cancel in case the news had continued to be bad. Feel terrible as now my patients have to wait 2 more weeks (or longer if I still need surgery). However, as this has been such a tough week I don't feel strong enough to work anyway. Normally in the chemo cycle this is my best day but because of the emotional stress, lack of sleep and general lack of exercise this week I feel weak.

No news yet from Newcastle. The surgeon has been really good at replying to our emails so I know he will contact us as soon as his team have made a decision. The problem is tomorrow hangs completely on his decision. If he is happy with the scans chemo continues and I get re-scanned in 6 weeks or I head to England for surgery. Need to get out of the house today or will continuously be looking at gmail.

My blog hit a record yesterday- 1066 page views! Can't believe there are so many people out there who are following my journey and supporting me. You would not believe how much that helps psychologically. I have friends who I went to primary school with, other friends I have not spoken to in years and people all around the world who I have never met sending me positive thoughts and love. Absolutely amazing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And so today's quote- 'Friends are like stars. You don't have to see them to know they are there'.

Head to a mexican restaurant to meet R and J for lunch. Arrived early so went to Safa park to have a look around. The park is really nice with a lake and BBQ areas. Will definitely come here again for a picnic.

In the drama of last week forgot to mention that Holly has got a job. She found out just after we heard the good news from Dr K. Hopefully our family luck is changing. So will be good having my little sis out here permanently. Now I just need to persuade my brother and Tash, my best friends and my cousins to move here and life will be complete!

The doctor has sent an email saying that he has only managed to have a quick look at the scans but he thinks the large area is non-cancerous. Yay! He can't comment on other area until he puts the scans on his own system so will know more early next week. I have the go ahead for chemo tomorrow. So my chemo player is Theo Walcott ready for the north London derby tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment