Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Girly night


Day 113-Saturday

Have a lovely lie in. I love that hotels have black out curtains. We have breakfast sitting by the pool and I pig out- a cooked breakfast, croissants and fruit! Always reminds me of Michael McIntyre when I go to buffets. In one of his shows he talks about how you get shown to your table sit down, then say "it's a buffet" and stand straight up again to go and get your food! Hilarious but probably have to see it to fully appreciate!

Have been checking the stats on my blog and have been overwhelmed by the support I am getting. My hits have gone up massively in the last few days when I haven't been posting. Thank you for your support and concern. Not much to report today as I have been writing for over 5 hours!

My abdominal pain has been there again this week. It may be due to these patches of cancer cells or may just be healing still. Either way don't really want to moan too much about it. Seems the least of my worries at the moment.

We are waiting for the surgeon to get back to us today. The scans arrived with him this morning. Slightly on edge and hoping he is positive about what he can see. Just the smallest nervousness in my tummy and can't quite concentrate fully. Feels like exam results day! I don't think I have ever wanted chemo so much!

The lovely 'D' is coming over for a girly night tonight. Lots of gossip and pizza! Matt is off to the gym to get out his aggression! Have a lovely night but still haven't heard from the surgeon.

Today's quote- 'Faith is the daring of the soul to go further than it can see'.

3 comments:

  1. well here goes Laura, bear with me( I 've had a few glasses of vino so they maybe a few spelling mistakes along the way)this is the very first time I have done this!!
    I saw ur response on expat woman and then read ur blogg from start to finish LOL at the celebs u have chosen (must admitt I am not familar with some) All I can say is u have got to fight this hun.
    After reading I felt educated,emotional,angry and blessed with what I have! I promise I will never moan again (well only sometimes)
    I like you do not go through a day without eating chocolate and am always going to be good the next day (if only LOL)
    You sound as if you have a wonderful support network to help you through this shitty time but if you ever feel like a new shoulder to cry ,laugh, shout at I'm ur girl!! take care hun positive thoughts and remember wot ur grandad says hugs to u and Matt and ur mam xxxx Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I am reading this from Chicago. Read your post on EW. Used to live in Dubai until just over a year ago and I miss the place a lot!! You sound just like me with your chick lit and chick flicks, and your love of chocolate. You are so brave and thanks for sharing your story publicly. I will be thinking of you and checking in to se how you are doing. Keep fighting and wishing you all the best. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for the good news we are all hoping for Laura. Love to you and all the family, thinking of you all every day! x

    ReplyDelete