Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Emergency...


Day 98- Thursday
Up early for a few hours work! I even manage a new patient, although I am a bit slow with my notes. Good to see colleagues and catch up. It was, however, pointed out to me that I have put on weight! So know this is the case but still in denial as want to keep eating all the chocolate! Need to get this in check though because I am literally burning minimal calories every day, especially chemo week where I barely leave the house. Want to look good for when all of this is over so have decided that from 1st March I am back on a diet. Greediness is stopping me from starting immediately! This then gives me 2 months to lose a bit of weight and then in May I can start with regular exercise to tone up.
Head over to the Creek ready for high tea on the Bateaux Dubai cruise, a lovely glass boat. As we are there early we decide to head to the old souks. Time for culture! I have read that these are a must for all tourists so think it is about time I see them. Very disappointing. Did not enjoy at all. I expected a nice out door market selling trinkets. Instead it is a load of mini shops all selling the same thing with men hassling you to go into their shop. Would not recommend as there are a lot better places to go.
We get an abra back to the other side of the creek ready for our cruise. Turns into a disaster as the guy doesn’t understand me. The driver is staring at mum and driving the boat with his foot! Plus he really smells and we have been overcharged for this ride. We end up miles past the boat and have to get a taxi back! Anyway, finally we board and the cruise is lovely. We even have a guy playing jazz guitar. We dive into our high tea and then notice that we are half way through and none of us have even looked out of the window! Also we are the only table that are polishing off the food! What we can't eat we steal! Yep Holly steals 2 scones in her bag which we give Matt when we pick him up.
Ran out of chocolate last night and then remembered that I had put in the fridge a bar of chocolate I got for Christmas that was in the shape of a calculator. Get it out only to discover it is actually a calculator! A calculator that looks and smells like chocolate! I have to say I am very disappointed as was desperate for chocolate!
Oh no the dogs are fighting………………..

1 comment:

  1. Hm, it looks like Buddy got the bad end of the fight. Hope he is okay. How is your side doing? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete