Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

A night away




Day 112- Thursday

Take Malika to the Vets for her rabies jab. She is so glad to be out of the house without Buddy! She is in for a long car ride though as I need to pick up my PET scan disc on the way home. 'O' says she was so relieved when she saw my results that she had goosebumps. I am so lucky to have health care professionals that care about me. I'm sure my patients already know this, but in case they don’t, I am always going to ensure they understand how much I genuinely care about them. Their health and quality of life is important to me. I can not express enough how it makes you feel to know your medical team care about you and your outcome. It is nearly as important as the actual treatment they are giving you. And in fact on the cancer journey I think it is just as important for your psychological fight.

Matt and I are off to the Marriott Courtyard Hotel tonight for my birthday present. Not allowed to go far in case I get ill and need to get to the American Hospital! It will be our first night alone since beginning of November! Definitely an occasion for the famous Christmas dress and shoes!

As soon as Matt gets home from school we head over there. We get lost on the way and head to the wrong Green Community! Start our evening with a nice cup of tea and pastry on the terrace overlooking the lake and swimming pool. Such a lovely setting. Really calm and peaceful. We run into some of matt's colleagues. They are at the hotel for happy hour- we decide to join them. Have a lovely few hours chatting with them and feeling normal. There is no talk of cancer and I enjoy the everyday conversation. This is just what I needed right now.

We go to the lovely Italian for dinner and eat far too much. In fact when they bring over my surprise chocolate cake I am too full to eat it! We decide to bring it upstairs to the bar so Matt's colleagues can help us with it. End up staying there until midnight. Have had a lovely evening. We had just started going out with CAS staff when I got ill so I enjoy getting to know them better tonight.

When we get back to the room Matt has decorated it with snow flakes he has made! We are having a 'snow day' as we missed the snow in England! The bed is huge and soo comfortable. Go to sleep feeling rested and happy. Feeling like this is what I am fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment