Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

next test


Day 103- Tuesday

Received some lovely flowers from the colleagues of Matt's old school last night, with a nice card. Always picks me up when I get messages of support.

Dr K phones first thing this morning. In fact he wakes me up and I don't manage to ask any questions. He tells me I have a spot on my liver that needs to be investigated further with an MRI. Have a cry because I am worried this is a colon cancer met spread to my liver. Buddy cries with me!

When I head to the hospital to have my pump out I ask more questions. Dr K is unsure what the spot is but it may be a cyst, a hemangioma or a met. The spot is only small. Less than 2 mm so may have been missed on my previous scan. If it turns out to be a met then I will have surgery to remove it before continuing with further chemo. If the MRI comes back inconclusive then I will continue with chemo and have another scan in a few months. If it is a cyst or hemangioma then nothing needs to be done.

So a bit of a waiting game. Should have the scan within the next few days. Stressful and upsetting and I can't help thinking the worse. Really don't want this to have spread and be stage 4 and really don't want more surgery. Can't help thinking about dying and how Matt will cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment