Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Puppy?

Day 78-Friday
Wake feeling a bit better. Matt has a sore throat so mum has to fuss around him- hot lemon drinks and aspirin gargle! He refuses to wear a face mask though!

After my bath- which should have been a shower as the heat completely wore me out again, decide I want to put on some make-up, do my hair and put on some nice clothes. After an hour I am all dressed up with nowhere to go! Decide we will go and see if we can find Matt a driver (the golf club kind, not the car driving kind for my Dubai friends!) for his birthday. We arrive at the Els Golf club and I take a seat whilst he talks to the golf club fitter. He then disappears for half an hour! I don’t mind though as I see Rory McIlroy! This is the second time I have seen him in Dubai. Last year we saw him in the 'Race to Dubai' and he winked at me! Matt got jealous, I was quite chuffed! Don’t have my camera on me otherwise I would have got a snap for the blog! Anyway 3 magazines later I decide I better go and find Matt. He is having a mini driver lesson on the golf range. By this time I am cold (it has rained, well 'spat' in Dubai today- first time since the day of my op) and I have missed my snooze. Oh well at least he has a birthday present now!

Head home to rest before heading out for date night. We go to the Polo club for dinner. Only a 2 minute drive away and I think if we had been in the UK it would have been an M&S dinner, DVD and PJ night! Miss M&S soo much! Just remember I had a dream about Percy Pigs last night! They are my all time favourite sweets.
Have been to the Polo Club a few times before and for some reason it is always really quiet. Lovely setting, inside is like a barn conversion and then you look out the window and everything is Arabic style with fairy lights in all the trees. We are the only people there to start with and I feel sorry for the waitress. Today's song is what is playing in the restaurant…..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Jfb_iuy4k&feature=related
Matt has steak OBVIOUSLY as we no longer have red meat in the house (!) and I have lobster and crab tortellini. Food was delicious so I opt for pudding. Chocolate melt in the middle pudding (and I have to say better than M&S!) with berries, plums, ice cream and almonds! I have a mouthful with the ice-cream and yes it freezes my throat! Worth it though for that moment of heaven!

Mum is out for the evening with some friends that are over on holiday. Feel so sorry for her, her life is as boring as mine! On my bad weeks she just cooks, cleans, washes, sweeps and looks after me. Sometimes we don’t talk to anyone apart from Matt all day! Shame that today, her day off, the weather has been bad so she couldn’t even sunbathe. We try to think of something nice to get her for her birthday, which unfortunately is right in the middle of my next chemo. Keep drawing blanks as nothing seems significant enough.

Discuss puppies again today! Trying to talk Matt into wanting one for his 30th. Who wouldn’t want a puppy for their 30th?! Also new puppies have arrived at the rescue centre in the last few days and they are the puppies of a dog named 'Jewel'. When we got Malika her original name was 'Jewel' so I see this as a sign! Hopefully can persuade Matt into going to see them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment