Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cinema visit

Day 86- Saturday
Have 11 1/2 hours sleep last night and I wake feeling good. Just as well as I have work today! Good to see my patients and I feel great and normal. Have a buzz driving home and I really feel that working helps pick me up ready for the next cycle. It reminds me of who I am, what I can do and what my future will be. Sounds dramatic but a really good feeling.
Tonight is date night. It was meant to be last night but we were both too tired! Decide to go out to dinner and then to the cinema. We don't go to the cinema much as Matt prefers to watch stuff in the comfort of his own home. That and the fact we always seem to sit near smelly people! No change tonight.  Just as the film is starting 4 guys sit in front of us and they stink! I swap places with Matt as he has a bad sense of smell but even he can smell them. Don't understand why people don't wash.
Also we can never agree on which film to watch. I like rom-coms but Matt likes psychological thrillers. Which I like as well but they don't come around that often. We decide on Mission Impossible 4 because it is 'neutral'! We often do this- watch something that neither of us really wants to see but something that is neutral! Ridiculous really, we should just take it in turns to watch films one of us likes. Anyway I agree to Mission Impossible 4 because some of it was filmed in Dubai. Didn't really rate it. Tom Cruise should probably have died within the first 10 minutes but goes on to survive a number of ridiculous stunts. And they didn't really even portray Dubai that well.
Dinner was lovely though. Went to Biella, an Italian that never lets you down. And after the cinema we had Pinkberry frozen yoghurt with fruit. Matt swore he would never go there as it was mentioned loads in one episode of 'Curb your enthusiasm' and Matt hates product placement in programmes! However the mango yoghurt I had was delicious and will definitely be having another. I like to eat something cold just before my chemo cycle as I know I won't be able to eat anything cold for at least the next week. I have never eaten so much ice-cream!
Tomorrow's chemo player is Steven Gerrard. A tough one but hopefully he is tired after today's match!

No comments:

Post a Comment