Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

To do list


Day 171-Sunday

Penultimate chemo today! The new nurse 'M' does my portacath pump insertion. I am his first patient in Dubai and I remind myself that we all have to start somewhere and we all need someone to be our first. A little nervous though! But he was brilliant. Minimal discomfort and I score him a 9/10!

Read a magazine, have a snooze, go to the toilet a lot (!) and speak to nurse 'N' about some queries I have about the patient information booklets. She thinks they are a good idea and will help other patients.

Have been thinking about the things I am looking forward to doing once chemo has finished. Need to write them down as I keep forgetting!

1.   Sunbathing and swimming in our pool

2.   Going clothes shopping without the wheelchair

3.   Doing exercise and getting stronger

4.   Returning to work

5.   Having the house to ourselves

6.   Cooking a meal on my own

7.   Doing housework (true!)

8.   Going out dancing

9.   Meeting friends for lunch whenever I want

For some reason my computer won't let me do point 10!

1.   Going to a Ladies night with friends

2.   Having nights away in another emirate (just booked a nights stay in Fujairah)

3.   Playing with dogs and doing puppy training with Buddy

4.   Taking supplements to make my hair grow back

5.   Starting a new face regime to clear up my skin

These are just a few things to get going with! Then I have to start my 'second chance of life list'! Including things like doing a skydive, going in a cage with sharks swimming around, swimming with dolphins, going on safari, skiing more and visiting Italy. Will be very busy over the next year!

Feel just a little tired and weak. Feel a bit fed up with starting all the meds again tonight. I know they are all there to help me but I hate taking so many things. Got to keep focused that I only need to do this once more after this cycle.

After watching The Apprentice and having a quick walk with the dogs I head to bed with a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment