Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Poor Buddy


Day 164- Sunday

Poor Buddy is brought to the vets. He is desperate to get in the door but after today I bet it is a lot harder to get him in! The operation takes about 30 minutes and they are going to phone when he is awake. We leave him being dragged off by the nurse. She is a nice lady who explained everything well so I trust her to look after my baby!

I have plans to do some work and mum plans to carry on making our blinds but we end up sitting in Starbucks for an hour reading magazines then watch films all day! Before we know it, it is time to pick up Buddy and Matt!

Buddy's op has been a success but I feel sorry for the little fella! We have had to put a cone on him again as he keeps trying to lick the wound and then crying to let us all know it hurts!

Decide that from tomorrow I have to start an exercise programme of lying and seated exercises. My legs are so weak that after sitting for a while I struggle to get up. I don't want to get to the end of chemo and be too weak to do anything. Also if I need surgery I need to be as strong as possible. I am literally the worse patient because if I had been my patient this never would have happened. I would have given daily exercises from the beginning that could have been modified according to fatigue levels and I would still be relatively strong now. Anyway, can't change the past so just need to get on with it now.

Today's quote-' There are no shortcuts to any place worth going'.

No comments:

Post a Comment