Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Goodbye


Day 157- Sunday

Matt takes mum and I to chemo and we all have breakfast  whilst waiting for my blood results. My haemoglobin is lower again  so they warn me I may be a little more tired. I weigh myself and I have put on nearly 8kg! Disgusting! And my chemo is weight dependent so today I will be given a slightly larger dose for my increased weight! Own fault!

Have a lovely sleep in the comfy hospital bed then head home to relax. All our visitors are leaving tonight so we have a farewell dinner in Shakespeare & Co. I have lasagna as I have been told to eat a little more red meat just for the next month to help my iron levels.

I think everyone has enjoyed themselves and it was good I managed to come out the last few days. No more visitors now so just need to battle on and look forward to seeing everyone in August when we are home.

Today's quote- ' Life doesn't guarantee happiness, it just gives time and space and it is up to us to fill it with joy and meaning'.

No comments:

Post a Comment