Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Unpleasant start to chemo


Day 129- Sunday

Chemo is uneventful. My heamoglobin and platelets are down but Dr K says this is to be expected. I have a repeat colonoscopy booked for the 18th April as my first colonoscopy was incomplete because they had to stop at the tumour. Also this will see what has shown up on the PET scan and how my scar has healed. Slightly anxious as I was in such a bad way when I had the first one that I just wanted to have a diagnosis and get on with treatment. This time I am going in cold. Still if Tom and Holly can do it then so can I!

Everyone in oncology is up to date on the blog and apparently other patients have been discussing my blog since I was in the newspaper! All very exciting and hopefully helping others on their journey.

Buddy continues to be naughty and has dug two big holes in the garden- one under the decking and one under the patio. Very dangerous as they now collapse underneath you when you step on them. Mum has told him off and he is in 'time out' on the blanket! Tomorrow we are going to look up puppy training classes.

Do not feel good this afternoon and evening. In fact I feel the worse I have since chemo started- really weak, tired and sick. I have to have a snooze on the couch when Matt gets home as I just can't keep awake. Feel slightly better since I have had dinner but can't wait for bed time!

I am reading a good book at the moment. "Lone Wolf' by Jodi Picoult. Good story and I am learning loads about wolves! Didn't think I would be interested in wolves but really interesting to learn how they function as a pack. I love Jodi Picoult's books. She always researches her books really well and for someone who normally reads light hearted romantic books it is good to read something a bit more intellectual! I would highly recommend her books 'The Pact', 'Sing you home' and 'My sister's keeper'. Although 'My sister's keeper' is a little close to home if you currently have cancer or have someone close who has cancer. Bit of a tear jerker as is the film.

So I'm off to bed now to finish my book! Chocolate- 1 KitKat senses and 1 fun size snickers, walks- 0 unless you count walking to and from the ward, weight- God knows! Thankfully they didn't weigh me today but I am guessing it is getting higher as skinny jeans are starting to get tight! (No  discipline!)

No comments:

Post a Comment