Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!




Day 123- Monday

Exciting news today! The local newspaper want to interview me! There was an article about Abu Dhabi starting a campaign to increase awareness of bowel cancer and I wrote in to say how good this was and what I am doing to try to increase awareness. And now they want to interview me! This will be good opportunity to discuss the issues around diagnosis.

I went to my raw food class tonight and had the most delicious raw chocolate. Tasted better than chocolate you buy and it's good for you! Perfect! Definitely interested in learning more and going to more classes. When my treatment is all over I need to decide on my new healthy diet and maybe incorporating some raw food recipes is the way forward. Hayley, who did the demonstration, sells produce on line at www.besupernatural.com and she is really knowledgeable and passionate about what she does. She informed me that people often crave lots of chocolate when they are low in magnesium. This is very interesting as my chemo regime depletes my magnesium stores to the point where they give me magnesium in saline before I leave the hospital. So there is a medical reason why I eat so much chocolate! Nothing at all to do with being a pig and having no will power! We also had a chocolate loving goat, who thinks she is a dog, attending the class!

Today's song-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHFFol-8REI

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just read your letter in 7Days and ventured to your blog out of curiosity because an aunt of mine succumbed to colon cancer a few years ago. It is very brave of you to fight a painful battle yourself and AT THE SAME TIME reach out to others. I contrast this with a friend of mine who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer - she is so devastated her family has kept everything ''hush-hush'' and only a few people know what has happened to her. I will be following your progress on this blog and I wish you all the best always! Regards, Roxanne Vakharia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up with the newspaper interview, very pleased for you! xxx Thank you again for the effort you put in sharing your stories.

    ReplyDelete