Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The maid is back!


Day 143- Sunday

Head to chemo and mum arrives from the airport at the same time as me. Dr K comes to speak to me straight away about the neuropathy. It is decided that the Oxaliplatin will be reduced and maybe even stopped next time depending on my symptoms. But, unfortunately I will need all 12 sessions  even if it is just the other drugs. I was secretly (and not so secretly) hoping that I could finish after 10!

My bloods are generally better today with my absolute neutrophil count (the white blood cells that fight infection) being within normal limits for the first time since chemo began. Two of my liver function tests have also improved. Haemoglobin is slightly lower but overall my bloods have been quite positive today.

When we get home Buddy has forgotten who mum is and is actually a little bit scared. I think mum is a little upset by this. Malika remembers though and even wets herself with the excitement! She landed awkwardly when she was jumping up at the girl's suitcases earlier and has hurt her paw. It looks like she has bent one of the nails. She has spent the whole afternoon licking it. Going to see how she manages over night and she may need to see a vet tomorrow.

Mum gets straight to work and cleans the whole villa! Relax with another Indian take away!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura, hope you enjoyed the rain that's poured down early Monday morning. I miss seeing you quotes and I think EW would love for you to have a read on this list of inspirational quotes :)

    http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=106724

    ReplyDelete