Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Results in


Day 120- Friday

Had an email from Newcastle. The Dr has stated that he is not too concerned with the larger area on my liver. He believes it is a FNH- focal  nodular hyperplasia, can be a congenital deformity, hormone stimulated (interesting as I had all those hormone injections and meds for fertility) or chemo related. Unfortunately he is unable to comment accurately on the small back dot on the left hand side of my liver as it is too small. The plan is to have all the scans again 4 weeks after my last chemo session to see if this has grown. If it has grown/changed then I may require surgery to remove it and test whether it is a metastasis. So overall we are still playing the waiting game but at least we can be more positive about chemo helping and I don't need surgery right now.

Have discovered why my weight is creepy up and up. Two reasons: 1) I don't leave the house let alone the couch for at least 7 days of every 2 weeks and 2) when I do feel well enough to leave the house we go out for lunch or dinner, or both as we have done today! So putting in lots, minus minimum exercise is always going to equal a growing tummy, bottom and double chin! However, my friend 'L' may have the answer- a raw food diet. I will let you know after my cookery class on Monday.

Want to wish a 'Happy Birthday' to c-bear back in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paSQ9mcOUME&feature=fvwrel

I sent her a lovely cheesy moonpig card with old uni pictures and sentimental messages. Sorry I can' be there to celebrate but cannot wait for her and 'S' to come out at the end of the month to have a late celebration.

We invest in Mario kart for the wii today. Go through phases with the wii. Absolutely loved wii fit when we first got it and I still do but don't have the energy to play that much. Mario karts is a blast from the past and highly addictive. Will be something I can play on my not so good days too. Get myself a limited edition gold steering wheel- doesn't help me though as it is quite big and I am better with just the cheap original. Already got Holly obsessed with it too!  

Today's quote- ' Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things'.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for raw cooking class! I'll see you there :) Also, FYI im a master on Mario Kart - I say more girly night fun is needed!

    ReplyDelete