Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Neuropathy


Day 138 Tuesday



Wake up early (only 6 hours sleep) and polish upstairs. Have to keep doing the housework in sections as it makes me breathless with the exertion. Think this is to do with my haemoglobin levels.

Realize today that I do have neuropathy in my fingertips, I just hadn't realized before.  I was getting painful pins and needles now the tips of all my fingertips are numb. Can't feel the texture of things and everything things rough. Particularly weird when you touch your own skin! The other day I dropped a glass because I hadn't realized I had actually picked it up. Slightly concerning as my fingertips are really quite important for my job.

Head to Spinney's on my own for the first time since October! It takes me over an hour to get a few things as I am so breathless and weak. Really shocked how much it has taken out of me. Even have to ask for help packing otherwise I wouldn't have made it home. The chemo is definitely catching up on me but suppose that is 8 cycles that are slowly destroying my body.

'c-bear' and 'dad', my two best friends from home are arriving tomorrow very early. Really looking forward to seeing them but disappointed I don't have as much energy as I did a few weeks ago. Still you don't need much energy when you are just catching up with good friends. Hope this sand storm passes as I have promised them good weather!

1 comment:

  1. I hope so too - be gone sandstorm! =)

    Hope you sleep better tonight, sweet dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete