Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Housewife duties




Day 137- Monday

Terrible night's sleep. Couldn't get to sleep until 4am! Wide awake just lying there thinking things over. I hate this time of night as you feel like you are the only person in the world who is awake. Figured I should just lie there rather than getting up so at least my body, and my back, were resting. I hate the way on my bad week all I can do is sleep and then on my good week I have insomnia. Just typical!

So today is the first full day on my own for 137 days! I have to admit I wake feeling a little anxious. Don't know what I think is going to happen! House work is what needs to happen! And I have to say I quite enjoy it. I do the washing up, wash the sink, do two loads of washing, tidy the lounge and polish. The house looks lovely and tidy and I am proud of myself. Doesn't last for long as Buddy drags in a poo, a bush and shreds the paper!

Also email the American Hospital. I have been in talks with them to help them design a patient information booklet on bowel cancer. I have sent over my ideas so hopefully hear from them soon.

Meet the surgeon from Newcastle today. He is over visiting family. Really nice guy and extremely knowledgeable. We discuss my scans and my options. If either of the lesions on my liver have grown at my next re-scan then I will need surgery to remove them. Hopefully that would just be key hole surgery so a quicker recovery. We also talked about long term scanning and monitoring. Although he is unsure what the small spot is I definitely feel better and more confident about the future. He is a guy you can trust and I would happily let him look after my liver for me. He also recommended a different type of MRI scan that is available in the Uk that would be able to give a definite diagnosis of the larger lesion. If I don't require surgery then I think I will have this scan in August when I go home for a visit. Matt and I can have a romantic weekend away in Newcastle!

We picked Holly up from work and had a cake. She has had a good day and the job sounds good. Holly is working for the COO and Matt finds it hilarious to say 'coo, coo' like a pigeon every time he sees her! Feel that joke is going to get old quickly!

Cook my first dinner tonight! Like a proper housewife today!

1 comment:

  1. Still following you from Chicago Laura with interest, you are sounding really positive today! Good for you on your Domestic Goddess duties!! You are in my thoughts daily! xxx

    ReplyDelete