Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Spoilt


Day 183-Friday

Up early working out the calories of the foods I eat. As well as doing low GI I am going to try to eat around 1200-1500 calories aswell. Writing down what I eat, I realize that I eat good things but my portions are too big. So changes are starting today. Get on the cross trainer for the first time in 7 months and manage 12 minutes! Really pleased and I really enjoyed it. Just hoping my legs aren't too weak later.

Head over to Festival city to go to Ikea to replace the frame that was broken by the dogs! End up buying the egg swing chair that I have wanted for the balcony for ever. A villa by the pool has one and I always look on jealous! Now I can swing in my egg and read my book relaxing. Wrong time of the year to buy it, I will only be able to use it about 10 at night when it is cool enough, but never mind. Buy a lovely big lantern with a candle to go on the balcony with it. Perfect- trying to turn my balcony into a nice relaxing place as we can't use the sandpit for much.

Decide next to head over to Gold and Diamond park. I still need to spend my birthday money from my dad and I have my eye on a pearl ring. I am taking full advantage of Matt agreeing to come shopping with me as I know that as soon as I am given the all clear this will stop. He hates shopping and is only coming with me as I am 'sick'. This is my first time to Gold and Diamond park and I think it is my new favourite place. I love diamonds so this place is like heaven to me!

The first shop we go into I find a ring and earrings that I love. Matt starts the bartering- I hate this bit but I know it is expected. Decide to look around the other shops but end up returning to the first shop. I love my ring! Been thoroughly spoilt today and Matt tells me that he is getting me an 'end of chemo' present. This really is going to be the best week!

Holly is coming round for dinner tonight and we get lost in Dubai Marina mall car park again picking her up! Really is the worse design. She had a house party at her new flat last night that we weren't invited to! Correction her flatmate, the lovely 'D', was going to invite us but my sister said no! Apparently Matt and I are not cool enough and too old! Charming!

Finish the evening with a lovely walk around the lake with the dogs. Lovely because we don't meet any other dogs and therefore Malika is well behaved! My legs feel fine so going to try the cross trainer again tomorrow.

Today's quote- 'It's not the years in your life that count, It's the life in your years'.

No comments:

Post a Comment