Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Cooking


Day 186- Monday

The egg swing chair is arriving today! Exciting!

Yesterdays talk with Dr K has made me feel a bit better about my future. We discussed plans for scans (every 3months for the first year, then 6 monthly, mainly monitoring with CT), having children (anytime after I have the all clear as long as I feel ready in myself), and who I call if I get a symptom. I know I am going to be neurotic about every ache or change in body function! He also suggests that the first 3 years is when reoccurrence is most likely to occur and after 5 years your odds are better. If I can only get through these next 3 years my future looks brighter. We also discussed the liver surgery, and although Dr K didn't say it in so many words, I understood that he was suggesting it may just be best to remove the black spot so it can be tested and we no longer have to worry about it. I think I agree with him. If that black spot is still there I know I will be worried about it growing once chemo has stopped.

Manage to do about 2 hours work on my patient handouts. Slowly coming together. I even feel well enough to make a salad for lunch for mum and I. Mum has painted our bedroom today so all jobs around the house are done.

Make dinner as well- a chicken curry. This is really good for chemo week. Normally I can't do anything. Diet is going well. Having between 1200 and 1500 calories a day rather than the 2000+ I would normally have! Feel really hungry today though so it has been a bit of a challenge. Especially when I am watching cookery programmes.

My swing chair doesn't arrive until 7pm so will have to put it up and have a go tomorrow.

Chemo out tomorrow! Yay! Then just need to flush it out of my system and get stronger and fitter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura !!! Wow! Great news that the chemo is done ... Hooorah ... and well done you.. I have been keeping up with you on here. you are an inspiration. I text Matt last night to say we should have a get-together when you are up for it.. it has been way tooo long... hope to see you guys soon. Jo (DAM) x

    ReplyDelete