Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Important MRI




Day 207- Monday

Big day today- MRI time. Wake early as I am too nervous to sleep. This scan will tell me if I am in remission or whether I am stage 4 with spread to my liver. Big deal. I almost forget the procedure, injection of contrast material and then noisy machine, as I am just thinking of the results. Fingers crossed everyone.

Once I have my CD I am sending it straight to Newcastle for my surgeon to review. Dr K will roughly be able to tell me if the small black dot has changed. If it has that surgery is likely so it can be tested properly. So hopefully by tomorrow I will have an idea of what my next month entails. So glad we get results quickly out here, I would hate to be in the UK and having to wait 1-2 weeks.

From the hospital, mum and I are going to Karama to buy some presents and then to the supermarket for a big stock up. Tonight we are meeting Holly to see Men in Black 3. Trying to keep busy so I don't think of the results and I don't think about the portacath removal tomorrow! Porthacath removal should be a joyous day but I am just worried about bleeding to death on Dr Salti's office floor! Anyway let's deal with today before I worry about tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Lost track of how many times I checked your blog today....hope you hear from Dr K very soon with positive news. Good luck for tomorrow - sure that's one accessory you'll be glad to lose. K, F & E x

    ReplyDelete