Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Disaster day


Day 200- Monday

Day 2 of the course is less extravagant! In the afternoon I choose to go to the workshop of the current top physio in neurodynamics (the likely cause of my shooting pins and needles). I catch him afterwards to get his advice on what I should do about my symptoms. My symptoms have worsened slightly today. I am now getting shooting pins and needles around both ankles when I am standing and bend my neck. This is not good. He suggests that I get an MRI of my whole spine and brain to rule out anything horrible. This sends me into a panic so I am going to speak to Dr K on Wednesday after my colonoscopy. I cry as I drive to pick Matt up as all the horrible 'I'm dying' feelings return.

We head to the car showroom as finally the car is ready to pick up. Not even this cheers me up and I cry in the showroom as I'm talking to Matt. They send us away for '10 minutes to 2 hours' whilst they register our car, so we go to a local coffee shop. Two and a half hours later the car is ready!

I am so excited and Matt takes loads of pictures of me in the car for the blog. Then the problems start. It takes me 6 turns to get out of the car park as the steering is so bad and heavy. I must be doing something wrong. Then I start to drive on the road and I realize at the first turn that the car doesn't have power steering. It is heavier than a bus to drive. How does it not have power steering? Matt phones the showroom and they say 'Oh if you wanted power steering you needed the higher model'. We are both so cross. We asked what the difference was between the basic and higher spec and we were told 'alloy wheels, blue tooth, a sunroof and electric mirrors'. None of these things I needed so we went for the low spec. If they had told us about the power steering we would have upgraded, obviously! I even test drove a Rio with power steering! So they basically lied to us to get rid of the rubbish car that they never thought they could sell. So now we have a car that I can't drive and no one will buy! Soo upset and annoyed. Matt is going to speak to them tomorrow about what we can do.

So this day is turning into a disaster. Go to bed and have a cry. It actually turns into a big cry. I am scared the cancer is spreading, I don't want to die, and I have a terrible car. And to top it all off tomorrow I am fasting and taking laxatives ready for my colonoscopy on Wednesday. Bad few days coming up I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment