Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A great day


Day 208- Tuesday

Let's start with the good news- my MRI no longer shows the black dot on my liver. This needs to be confirmed by Professor W at Newcastle but the best possible results we could have had today. Thank you for your love, prayers and messages of support.

Went to a medium again today- a different lady. She was amazing and picked up on my health issues. The good thing is she repeated lots of what the other medium said. She was really good with names and named mum, dad and my grandmother who has passed. She said I am cured of cancer and will go on to a have a family. She even brought up the water cooler! Felt really positive after the reading and she recommended  a self help book that Holly has read and said was really good. Mum had a reading too and hers was good also. Was also an excellent distraction from thinking about my portcath.

I am a nervous wreck by the time I turn up for my appointment with Dr Salti. I am not in his 'office' but a room opposite that has a proper bed in it! I question him about the vein, apparently it closes once the tube is removed, and we get started. The local anaesthetic injection hurts- an intense stinging bordering on pain. He goes in quite deep and all around the portacath. The rest of the procedure is pain free but the pushing and pulling is intense. You can feel your skin being pulled around and it feels like your insides are being pulled out through a small hole. It is over quickly though- less than 10 minutes. Apparently I had a lot of scar tissue around the portacath. Relieved that it is out and just as we finish Dr K arrives with the good news.

Had a celebratory dinner on the way home. The incision is starting to throb now so need a paracetamol. Feel really happy but don't feel like celebrating too hard. The news is good but it needs to be confirmed so holding back a little. Feel comforted by what the medium said and this is the first step in proving she is right. All in all a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your results come back completely clear. x

    ReplyDelete