Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Colonoscopy number 2


Day 202- Wednesday

Manage to sleep quite well just with the regular dash to the toilet! Not too hungry today but soo thirsty. Keep thinking about sprite! Nervous about today. A little about the procedure and a lot about the results. The first colonoscopy was done when I was ill and I would have done anything to feel better so I was glad of the colonoscopy. This time I am going in cold. Having it done with Dr W again though and she is lovely.

Mum wants to come in with me whist they sedate me, which doesn’t take long. I am out with half the injection! I wake up back in the cubicle with the job done. Not that I can remember, but I then regularly ask mum what my blood pressure is and I keep telling her to withdraw money from the ATM for me! Bizarre!

Anyway Dr W comes to tell me the results and they are all good. The surgery site has healed well and the rest of my colon is in excellent shape- no inflammation and no polyps. The primary cancer is all gone! She thinks the abdominal pain I can get is due to scar tissue on the outside of my colon. She tells me I don't need another colonoscopy for 3 years but considering my cancer grew to that size and spread within two years I am taking no chances. I inform her I will be back next year!

Matt picks us up with a huge bunch of lovely flowers and some Ferrero Roche from his colleague. Off home for a lime and sprite! And some more sleep- seriously snoozey! Meeting Holly for dinner tonight to celebrate.

One problem area down, just the liver to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment