Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Goodbye mum


Day 210- Thursday

Have a little cry last night as I am sad mum is going. I know I should be excited about getting my life back but I just feel sad. Feels like the end of an era. Matt thinks this is normal because for the last 8 months everyone's focus has been on me and taking care of me. Now it's just up to me and my body to get on with it. A daunting thought.

Really sad saying goodbye to mum this morning. Can't cry to much as heading to work. After work I head to the pool with my magazine. Spend a lovely 3 hours by the pool. I am reminded how great it is to live in Dubai. It feels like I am on holiday.

Today is my first time making dinner. I plan chicken salad- mum has already cooked the chicken so should be easy! However disaster strikes as the fridge temperature is too low and the chicken is rock hard and nearly frozen! I only discover this once I have made and plated the salad! So dinner is just plan salad! Matt is not impressed and has to make himself a jacket potato. Oh well, things can only get better!

Now we are off to 'M' and 'E''s house warming party.

No comments:

Post a Comment