Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Another PET scan


Day 215-Tuesday

Off for my PET scan. The whole process is rather boring- get injected with radioactive glucose, lie in a bed for an hour, then lie on the scanner for 30 minutes. They are not scanning my brain as apparently MRI is better for that, so will have to see what happens to my symptoms to see if that is going to be necessary. The results will be ready for tomorrow lunchtime. If I am all clear then I won't need to be at the American hospital until the end of August, that’s nearly 3 months hospital free!

Spend the afternoon by the pool. Lovely and relaxing. I have to try to avoid being too close to all the children as I am radioactive for 8 hours!

Cook spaghetti bolognaise tonight and I manage the whole meal on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment