Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'M IN REMISSION




Day 217- Thursday 7th June  2012

The day I get the all clear! I'M IN REMISSION officially and no spread anywhere else so still stage 3.

I am finally cancer free…………….now just need to stay this way. No more hospital visits or scans until the end of August- freedom!

So happy I am numb. Don't know whether to laugh, cry or dance around. Champagne is in the fridge and celebrating with a few friends coming round for lemon and chocolate cake!

I would like to thank everyone for their support and love, it has kept me going, and to all the staff who have helped me at American Hospital, thank you for keeping me alive!

Need to let the good news sink in so will write more tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Laura, I have been following your blog for ages and I'm absolutely delighted to hear your news! You are an inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Laura and always check in to see how you are doing! I am so happy for you! Have a wonderful summer and keep blogging! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ON TO ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE IN LIFE!


    Congratulations and so happy for you xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the mushrooms work? Please write in detail.We are very happy for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Laura so pleased for you, I have been following your blog and checking in hoping for your good news. What a relief! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you are in remission Laura! I came across your blog only two days ago while researching colon cancer. I read the entire blog. You are a good writer and I am glad you did this for your emotional well-being. I live in the U.S., Connecticut. My mom passed away in April from inoperable colon cancer due to her age and having Alzheimer's. I had a colonoscopy last month, they removed a polyp. Will repeat in three years.
    Dubai looks beautiful and fun! Movie theaters with reclining seats, blankets, pillows and food! That is amazing!
    I hope Buddy is allowing you to sleep! And I hope you are enjoying your summer by the pool and enjoying many nice dinners with Matt. I also hope your mom is relaxing and ordering a lot of "take out".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laura, how's life like in remission? Do you have to watch your food, etc? Could you let us know what's different after the cancer is gone?

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting ..............!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi... I feel I must know you from the past... I went to bradwell infants & Mrs peek was my teacher too, friends with Alan Fitzgerald until he sadly died some years ago. Hayley Lee

    ReplyDelete